The installation error code 0x80070643 is a generic MSI failure message and appears on log when try to install client sccm. In this post we will tech how to resolve this problem with command line file.
Identification of error code 0x80070643.
Errors were all over the map, from MSI errors to 1603 in the ccmsetup.log file.
The following errors were noted:
- “File C:\Windows\ccmsetup\MicrosoftPolicyPlatformSetup.msi installation failed. Error text: ExitCode: 1603”
- InstallFromManifest failed 0x80070643
- “CcmSetup failed with error code 0x80070643”
Solution for error code 0x80070643.
Ccreate a text file called install.cmd and copy the following command lines:
@echo off sc config winmgmt start= disabled net stop winmgmt /y %systemdrive% cd %windir%\system32\wbem For /f %%s in ('dir /b *.dll') do regsvr32 /s %%s wmiprvse /regserver winmgmt /regserver net start winmgmt for /f %%s in ('dir /b *.mof *.mfl') do mofcomp %%s exit
Do not reboot your computer immediately after running this, as the WMI is rebuilding in the background. Ran the SCCM Client install about 1 minute after the batch file completed, and it completed successfully.
System Center Configuration Manager (officially called ConfigMgr 2012 or ConfigMgr 2007 or simply ConfigMgr).
Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager provides a comprehensive solution for change and configuration management. Configuration Manager lets you perform tasks such as the following:
- Deploy operating systems, software applications, and software updates.
- Monitor and remediate computers for compliance settings.
- Monitor hardware and software inventory.
- Remotely administer computers.