Have you ever encountered the stop 0x00000116 blue-screen error? When Windows notice some downside with hardware or computer code problems, it generate some error codes that identifies what’s happening on your pc or notebook. One of the problems which users don’t seem to be like is Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD). BSOD has the error code that facilitate to identify the problems. This error code indicates that the graphics card driver has tried to reset the graphics card, however it failed, and that caused a timeout. There are a few reasons for that such as: faulty graphic card, corrupted driver, not up to dated drivers and alternative problems.
What is the blue screen of death stop 0x00000116 error?
The personal laptop or computer can try to reset the graphics card within the graphics card driver. Once it fails, it’ll imply the code “blue screen of death stop 0x00000116”. The card fails to reset due to the time-frame configured by the engineers. If the graphics card fails to reset the time fix then it’d lead to a blue screen of death with the error code.
What are the major causes of stop 0x00000116 error?
There may well be several reasons for the stop code 0x00000116. You’ll observe from the stop code that says that the system need to intervene and make changes in default files and therefore the system fails to troubleshoot it by itself as designed. As a result, your Windows Operating System will crash and additionally, it’ll show the error code.
Here are some of the major reasons what can be the cause:
- The configuration of a faulty hardware driver.
- Fails to update the hardware driver.
- Debased hard drive.
- Lagging of space in RAM.
- Virus attack.
- Debased system files in Windows
How to fix stop 0x00000116 error?
Below you can find we will give you different methods on how to fix this error. Before jumping into the fix we suggest to start troubleshooting by trying running another game.
Sometimes, main reason of BSOD may be the game you’re playing on your computer or laptop (by the way, if you are looking for advice on how to select and buy your best computer for animation you can find useful information by clicking here)
For instance, if you’re running one specific game and Windows Operation System crash and show the BSOD the stop 0x00000116 error code, you might try and run another one, and check if Windows still work or it shows again BSOD. If Windows is not crashing again because of BSOD, then there’s no doubt that the issue is with your first game and you need to uninstall and get the latest and official version of it. But, if you can play another game without any errors, you need to start troubleshooting hardware or software issues.
We are going to show you how to uninstall your game on our laptop or computer. Procedure of uninstalling game is that the same for all Operation Systems starting form Windows XP to Windows 10.
- Hold Windows logo and press R
- Type appwiz.cpl and press Enter
- Select your game
- Right click on it and click Uninstall
- Wait until Windows finished procedure
- Restart your Windows
- Download the latest version of your game
- Install the game
- Restart your Windows
- Play the game
Fix 1: Uninstall the Graphic drivers, and let Windows install its own
Since this is after all a driver issue, one more possible solution is to uninstall the drivers you have installed and let Windows install its own. Windows will find compatible drivers which shouldn’t be causing any issues with your computer, and you will be able to use it without worrying afterward. The steps to doing this are fairly easy.
- Go to “Search”, type device manager, and choose “Device Manager” from the result. Then it opens with your computer name at the top and a list of devices that are installed on your computer beneath your computer name.
- Find and right-click the problematic device and choose “Properties”.
- Click “Driver” and then choose “Update Driver”.
- Click “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- After the update, restart your computer
Fix 2: Roll Back Your Drivers to fix stop 0x00000116 error code
If you recently updated your driver, and the driver is not compatible with your system or it is corrupted, then you will get the stop 0x00000116 error code. Thus, you need to roll back your driver to solve the problem.
- Open Device Manage rand then find the drive that you recently updated. Right-click the driver to choose Properties.
- In the newly pop-out window, go to the Driver tab and then click Roll Back Driver. Then follow the instructions showing on the screen to roll back the driver.
- Reboot your computer to check if the error persists
Fix 3: Check your Registry for damaged files
Step 1: Open System File Checker
- Type Command Prompt in the search bar of Windows 10.
- Select the best-matched one and choose Run as administrator.
Step 2: Type the command
- In the pop-up window, type the command sfc /scannow and hit Enter to continue.
- Please do not close the window until you see the message Verification 100% complete
- When the process is finished, you can reboot your computer and check whether the error is still present
Fix 4: Run the DISM Tool
In case when the error is still present you can try to run the DISM tool
The DISM tool (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) also perform an in-depth search on your PC, errors that couldn’t be detected by the SFC scan can be detected with DISM.
- Run Command Prompt by following the steps above for the SFC scan.
- You now type this command when Command Prompt open: exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- Hit enter to run the command, it will now scan for problems on your PC and fix them automatically.
- Restart your pc and after the scan is finished, then check to see if the error is gone.
Fix 5: Check for corrupted computer hard drive
- Tap on the start button and enter “Command Prompt”. (In shortcut key, you can press Windows button + R and type cmd.)
- Just right click on the command prompt (Under Start Menu) and you will get notification and choices to access right away like administrator or not. Choose the administrator option.
- Enter the word “chkdsk/f” and press enter.
- Here, you can find the hard drive is corrupted or not. Just wait for the process to complete. Further, you can follow the instructions as described by the computer to analyze the corrupted part.
- If the hard drive is corrupted obviously, you have to change it.
Fix 6: Turn off ATI Catalyst Gaming Overclocking
If you are using ATI Radeon graphic card and if you installed ATI Catalyst software, you will need to turn off Gaming Overclocking or Graphic OverDrive.
- Click on Start menu and type ATI Catalyst Control Center
- Choose Performance tab and then click ADM Overdrive
- Uncheck Enable Graphics OverDrive
- Click Apply
- Restart your Windows
- Check if the error is still appears
Fix 7 : Use only one monitor to fix stop 0x00000116 error code
If you’re a fan of using 2 monitors, we recommend you to disconnect one of them from your graphic card. Leave only 1 monitor connected to your laptop or computer and check out to play the game with it. If you’ll can still play the game with no issues, disconnect the first one from your graphic card and use the 2 monitor. If you’ll can still play the game with no issues, probability your graphic card is faulty and you’ll need to replace it.
Fix 8: Turn off your monitor’s sleep function to fix stop 0x00000116 error code
Other windows users are reporting that one particular cause of stop 0x00000116 error code can be your monitor’s sleep operate on. Therefore you’ll need to try and put off your monitor’s sleep operate in order to troubleshoot and check if this can solve the issue.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key.
- Type power in the search box then select Choose a power plan.
3.Click Choose when to turn off the display
4.Set Turn off the display to Never
5.Restart your computer to see if the blue-screen error disappears.
Dear followers of Get IT Solutions, stop 0x00000116 error code is one of the Windows 10 errors that often show Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) and cause PC crashes and freezes. In our step-by-step tutorial, we have provided all the possible solutions for you to fix it. Based on our experience major part of Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can lead to HDD replacement. So, after you follow all the possible methods to fix and the error is still persisting consider installing Windows Operating System from the begging after being sure that you current HDD is 100% functions. We hope you will find this method helpful. Have you managed to solve it? Please let us know in the comments below.