Windows operating system comes with a lot of facilities that help users perform different tasks on their PC. Whenever system files or windows drives are corrupt or altered wrongfully. You will start experiencing problems when trying to launch some programs and will end up receiving error messages. Today we’ll talk about one of these error messages window users encounter when trying to run their printers, such as printer not activated error code 41. Printer not activated error code 41 is caused by a hardware device that’s been removed after the driver was loaded or by an issue with the device driver itself.
In this post, we’ll talk about how to fix this error and also explain its symptoms and causes so that you can get rid of it. You can follow one of our provided methods below in order to troubleshoot and solve it.
WHAT IS PRINTER NOT ACTIVATED ERROR CODE 41
Printers are electronic equipment devices essential for taking physical copies and getting the work done on computers. They’re easy to use and majority of all operational systems go along with a printer set-up wizard which is pre-installed on the system. However, there are some issues that you will face during printer usage.
These are: printer not responding, printer not operating, printer temperature reduction, error messages pop-in up with the utilization of printers. Error messages that come during printer usage are various varieties like the one we are talking about today printer not activated error code 41. This drawback sometimes comes up once the printer is accessed for the first time once the system has been load up. The explanations on why “Printer not activated, error code 41” comes from the system, includes issues with the printer software system or printer drivers, incorrect configuration of printer settings, errors among the software package installed in on the system connected to the printer, and additional.
EFFECTIVE WAYS TO FIX ERROR CODE 41
Following one of our methods provided below you can fix Printer not activated, error code 41 :
- Fix system errors
- Check printer configuration
- Reinstall printer drivers
Method 1 – Fix system errors
Errors inside the OS will cause a “Printer not activated, error code 41” issue on your system. The errors could also be with the system files related to the printer drivers or registry entries associated with the functioning of the printer.
The system file checker will help you in order to check the integrity of the system files on the operating system. SFC will scan all system files and repair them automatically. Here is how to run the SFC scan:
- Open the command prompt, you can do that by typing ‘cmd’, click on it and the command prompt will open.
- Type ‘ sfc /scannow” and hit enter.
- This will scan for possible errors that are causing problems to your Pc and fix them automatically.
- It will take some time before the scan finish, wait until it’s 100% done.
- Restart your Pc and try using your printer again.
Method 2 – Check printer configuration
Incorrect configuration of printer settings may also cause “Printer not activated, error code 41”. This downside is known to come back up if the chosen printer isn’t set as the default printer to hold out all the printing related tasks. Users obtaining the “Printer not activated, error code 41” pop-up message are advised to examine the printer configuration and restart the printer spooler service that’s running within the background of the system.
This could be done following the steps below:
- At the bottom left of the screen and right-click or tap and hold the Start button and left-click on Run from the menu that appears:
2. Type services.msc in the Open box then click or tap OK
3.Scroll down the list of services and click or tap on Print Spooler.
4.At the top-left of the window, Click or tap on Restart the service
5.Windows will attempt to restart the service.
6.Once the Print Spooler status is Running it means that the Print Spooler service is started and it should appear like below:
7.Try using your printer again
Method 3 – Reinstall printer drivers
Damage or corruption of the printer drivers can even cause “Printer not activated, error code forty-one. Users experiencing this issue should reinstall the printer drivers. This removes all the errors and brings back the printer functionality. This could be done following the steps below:
We would suggest you uninstall the drivers for the printer and again reinstall them manually directly from the manufacturer’s website.
- Reboot the machine and log in as “Administrator”.
- Go to the start menu and start typing MMC, you will see the Microsoft Management Console shortcut appear in the start menu; click on it.
- Go up to the file menu and select Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Then scroll down in the list and select the “Print Management” snap-in and then hit “Add”.
- Double-click the Print Management option.
- Expand the Custom Filters branch.
- Click on All Drivers from the left navigation pane.
- Right-click the printer driver, on the right side, and select the Delete option.
9.Make sure you reboot your machine before trying to add new or different print drivers.
10.Then again install the Printer Software and check whether that works.
Dear followers of Get IT Solutions, in our step-by-step tutorial, we have provided three easy fix methods in with all the possible solutions in order to fix printer not activated error code 41.
We hope you will find this method helpful. Have you managed to solve it? Please let us know in the comments below.